Wednesday, August 6, 2008

waiter of the night

bad waiters don't generally bother me; unless they mess up my order. i understand that it is not the most fun job in the world. forced human interaction has to take its toll. yet when the night is tainted by a waiter's subtle arrogance, and smug-dickery, then i do start to become a bit bothered.

we went into nyc to grab a meal at 'one if by land, two if by sea' for restaurant week. it's known as one of the best restaurants in the city. i had a good time. great company, very decent food, and yet the evening was altered by a waiter's attitude and service. honestly, it didn't bother me, but it did annoy my brother - to the point of putting enough of a damper on the night that it made me annoyed at the waiter for allowing my brother to think i might have had a bad time.

when paying a good amount of money for a dinner, good service should come standard. unfortunately my brother is way too nice to let his true feelings show in the tip. by the end of our dinner i think this guy was headed toward the < 2% range.

No comments: